The following are upcoming Broward County events scheduled for this month. There are certainly plenty of events to help you get into the holiday spirit, so pick one!
- Victoria Park Holiday Home Tour (December 1-2, 2007, starting at 1:00 PM) – tour six homes that are decorated for the holidays. For more information call 954-467-2008
- Florida Dive Show (December 1-2, 2007) at the Broward County Convention Center – the largest dive show in Florida.
- SunTrust Sunday Jazz Brunch – Riverwalk in downtown Fort Lauderdale (the first Sunday of every month from 11 a.m. -2 p.m.). Jazz music performed on four stages along the historic New River. Bring a picnic basket, blanket, chairs, children and even your dog! For more information call the 24-hour hotline: 954-828-5363.
- Christmas by the Sea (Tuesday, December 4th) at Commercial Blvd. and the Beach in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea. Live entertainment, hayrides, and watch the lighting of the giant Christmas tree. Santa will arrive in the parade. See it snow in South Florida! For more information call 954-776-1000.
- Hollywood Beach Candy Cane Parade (Saturday, December 8, 2007) – with Ron Magill of Miami’s MetroZoo as Grand Marshall. This year’s theme is “Penguins in Paradise” and the parade features floats and marching bands. For more information call 954-921-3404.
- Weston Holiday Home Tour (Sunday, December 9th) – a ticketed event benefitting Kids in Distress. Two tours, 11 am & 2 pm. Trolleys will depart from Weston Town Center’s Clock Tower on Main Street. (No children under the age of 12.) For more information call 954-252-3365.
- City of Coral Springs Holiday Parade (Wednesday, December 12th at 7 pm) – A parade along Sample Road from Coral Springs Drive to University Drive; featuring floats, bands and other entries, all with a sports theme. For more information call 954-345-2112.
- Historic 1930’s Wray Home Decorated for the Holidays (now through December 31, 2007; closed Christmas Day) – Flamingo Gardens in Davie; guided tours from 10 am – 4 pm. Santa will visit the Wray Home on Saturday/Sunday, December 22 & 23 from 10 am – 2 pm.
- Bodies… the Exhibition (now through February 17, 2008) at Las Olas Riverfront, 300 SW First Ave., Suite 214, Fort Lauderdale – an interesting look at the human body.
- Light Up Lauderdale (after dark; now through January 8, 2008) – view holiday lights and displays along the Riverwalk, Las Olas Blvd., Broward Performing Arts Center, Esplanade Park, and Huizenga Plaza.
- Winterfest Boat Parade (6:30 pm on Saturday – December 15, 2007) – this year’s celebration marks the beginning of a new starting location for the boat parade (in downtown Fort Lauderdale at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts on the New River). This year’s theme is “Magical Movie Moments” and the parade will then travel east to the Intracoastal Waterway and continue north to Lake Santa Barbara in Pompano Beach.
- George Balanchine’s “The Nutcracker“ (Friday-Sunday, December 21-23, 2007) at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts.