The following are some Broward County events scheduled for October 2007. The festivities are plentiful this month and there’s something for everyone, so get out there and enjoy!
- SunTrust Sunday Jazz Brunch – Riverwalk in downtown Fort Lauderdale (the first Sunday of every month from 11 a.m. -2 p.m.). Jazz music performed on four stages along the historic New River. Bring a picnic basket, blanket, chairs, children and even your dog! For more information call the 24-hour hotline: 954-828-5363.
- Broward Caribbean Carnival, a Celebration of Cultural Diversity (October 7, 2007) – a parade of bands and carnival show. The parade begins at noon at the top of NW 12th Avenue and ends inside the fair grounds of Fort Lauderdale Stadium Complex.
- Southeast Winter Sports Show – Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center (October 5-7, 2007) – for those who enjoy cold-weather sports! For details call 954-765-5900.
- Las Olas Art Festival (October 6-7, 2007 from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.) – leisurely stroll along Las Olas Blvd. and see paintings, photographs, ceramics, sculptures, jewelry and much more! This is one of Fort Lauderdale and Broward County’s most popular outdoor events offering something for every taste and budget. For info: 954-472-3755.
- Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival (October 15-November 11, 2007) – a 37-day event that will feature over 200 films from around the globe. Meet the filmmakers and celebrities who will attend many of the screenings and events during the 22nd annual FLIFF.
- Broward County Plant Affair (October 20-21, 2007) at Plantation Heritage Park (501 N. Fig Tree Lane, Plantation). A plant show and sale, free after $1.50 park admission. For information call 954-797-2722.
- Viva Broward! (October 20-21, 2007 from 11 a.m.-7 p.m. at Stranahan Park, downtown Fort Lauderdale) – the 18th annual celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month, hosted by Bank of America.
- Hollywood International Art and Music Festival (October 20-21, 2007; Sat. 10-6, Sun. 11-5 in ArtsPark at Youngs Circle in Hollywood). For details call 954-921-3404.
- Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show (October 25-29, 2007) – this show is celebrating its 48th year and features over a billion dollar’s worth of boats, yachts and accessories. The Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show is among Broward County’s most attended events and is spread over six locations including the Bahia Mar Yachting Center, the Hyatt Pier 66 Hotel & Marina, the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center, the Fort Lauderdale Grande Hotel and Yacht Club, Hall of Fame Marina and Las Olas Marina.
- Art in the Park – Liberty Tree Park in Plantation (October 27-28, 2007) – featuring 150 artists, live entertainment, Kids Korner (with activities, crafts, bounce house and more). Location: 7421 NW 5th St., Plantation.
- Southern States Bull Riders Finals – Bergeron Rodeo Grounds in Davie (November 3, 2007).